Regional HR Manager – APAC
Unit: Human Recourses
Reports to: Head of Global Sales & Marketing HR
Residence type: Expat
Job scope: As the HR Manager for APAC, you will be managing the HR functions for the local and regional operation and partnering the business on corporate initiatives, employee relations, learning and development, recruitment and employees engagement. You will also work closely with senior business leaders and stakeholders to define and execute HR strategies that enable accomplishment of business objectives.
The key responsibilities of this role shall include but not limited to:
– Responsible for full spectrum of HR functions (recruitment, retention, Labor relations issues training, compensation & benefits, talent management, succession planning, etc)
– Develop strong relationships with leadership to optimize performance, productivity, and retention. Focus on continuous improvement within HR and across the operation
– Provide end to end recruitment support – full cycle
– Manage and rollout training and development programs including liaising with Global Learning and Development, external training vendors and managing the logistics arrangements for in-house training.
– Participate and support the roll out of Global HR initiatives/projects.
– Compile and prepare payrolls and insurances submissions.
– Responsible for defining and executing required regional HR solutions.
– Support organizational changes including on boarding for new staff
– Handle complex employee relations issues from end to end. Communicate and interpret HR policies and procedures.
– Translate current and future business needs into an overall integrated regional HR plan.
– Consult with management and employees on Human Resource related issues and policies
– Play a key role in developing and implementing all corporate HR policies and programs, analyze and report on the effectiveness of programs.
– Effectively implement the HR Programs and processes within the country i.e.:
– On Target performance reviews
– Betterment processes, and improvement plans (PIP) for under-performers
– Total Rewards Review
– Labor Relations in conjunction with legal consultant.
– Hiring and Diversity – Execution of hiring plans per need and promoting company initiatives for businesses at region level
– Employee Engagement initiatives
– Handling, corrective action, separation agreements, involuntary terminations, legal charges and escalations
– Education: BS or BA required
– At least 8 years’ experience in an independent HR role in an international environment ,preferably in customer facing organizations
– Must have knowledge and hands on experience of all HR processes and good understanding of legal policies across key Asian countries
– Strong diagnostic and execution skills. Demonstrates an ability to translate business needs into effective strategies and action.
– Experience in a global companies and with matrix structures.
– Very good understanding of labor laws in the main operating countries –Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, China, Vietnam
– Excellent verbal and written English communication skills; Filipino language is required and at least one Asia-Pacific language is an advantage
– Travel: Infrequently in the region
Contact: [email protected]